PPIH group environmental policy
- ❶Through the business activities of our core business of general retail, we will strive for continuous improvement towards environmental protection, as well as promoting the provision of safe and secure products and services and store development with less environmental impact.
- ❷In order to address climate change, we will strive to reduce CO₂ emissions across the entire value chain through the efficient and sustainable use of resources and energy in our store operations and introduction of renewable energy.
- ❸We will reduce the use of one-way plastic by switching to raw materials and packaging materials that have less environmental impact. We will promote reducing waste and recycling throughout the value chain in order to make effective use of resources including water. In addition, we will strive to prevent pollution by properly disposing of waste and wastewater.
- ❹The Sustainability Committee will formulate policies and targets related to environmental issues, plan specific measures, and reflect them in our business activities. The Board of Directors will discuss and supervise the degree of achievement of policies, targets, and initiatives. We will establish an effective environmental management system through this continuous supervision and monitoring.
- ❺We will comply with the environmental laws and regulations of the countries and regions in which we operate and will respect international standards. We will strive to raise environmental awareness not only among our employees but also among our customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders, and will work in partnership to solve environmental issues in cooperation with each other.
- ❻Based on this policy, we will contribute to realizing a sustainable society through stakeholder engagement, with the continuous efforts to improve our environmental performance and active disclosure.
Revised in February 2023