Monthly Sales Report
|FY June 2021
|Domestic Retail*||Don Quijote Co., Ltd.
||UNY Co., Ltd.|
- *Total of Don Quijote Co., Ltd., UNY Co., Ltd., Nagasakiya Co., Ltd., UD Retail Co., Ltd. and Daishin Corporation.
- After the end of the rainy season, the temperature rose and clear summer days continued nationwide. With little rainfall, some areas set a record for consecutive extreme hot days.
- Due to dragging rainy season, summer products started softly. With the movement to refrain from outdoor events and leisure, consumption for going out struggled. On the other hand, the suburban roadside stores with parking lots highly contributed with its solid need for daily necessities.
- For Don Quijote Co., Ltd., the disappearance of inbound sales (push-down: 6.5pt.) continued, but daily necessities such as processed foods were strong. The rise in temperature stimulated “cooling-down in hot summer” consumption, such as air conditioners and ice shaver machines. In addition to the growth of fireworks and popular animation goods, indoor sports equipment grew as well.
- For Uny Co., Ltd., loungewear sold well in clothing segment. Seasonal home appliances such as air conditioners and game consoles contributed in household goods segment. In food segment, alcohol and confectionery grew and fresh foods such as meat made double digit growth.
- As of the end of August, the total number of majica application members exceeded 4 million. Membership acquisition is accelerating in 2020, and we have acquired 1 million members over the last 8 months from Jan. to Aug. (In 2019, 920 thousand members were acquired from Jan. to Dec.)
＜Store opening in September＞
(1) Don Quijote：① Sep, 18「Don Quijote Shibata Store(Niigata Pref.)」
Monthly Sales Report (Details)
5 Domestic Retail Companies in Total / Don Quijote / UNY
Don Quijote Co., Ltd. (~FY2019)
UNY Co., Ltd. (~FY2019)
*UNY changed its book closing month from February to June. FY2020 will be 16 months, run from March 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.