Monthly Sales Report
|FY June 2021
|Domestic Retail*||Don Quijote Co., Ltd.
||UNY Co., Ltd.|
- *Total of Don Quijote Co., Ltd., UNY Co., Ltd., Nagasakiya Co., Ltd., UD Retail Co., Ltd. and Daishin Corporation.
- This month, domestic retail struggled by reactionary fall in the high irregular demands for Covid-19 in the previous year. The sales remained at the same level YoY until the 3rd week, however after the 25th, the negative reactionary impact became significant with the food hoarding trend associated with the event cancellation and refraining from going out in the previous year. There were two fewer holidays this month (2.3pt push-down).
- At Don Quijote Co., Ltd. recovery was shown in product categories that had fallen due to Covid-19 in the previous year.
In particular, beauty products grew broadly, such as cosmetics, skincare, haircare and sunscreen products.
- At UNY Co., Ltd., clothing including school-related products, formal wear and accessories grew, with the increasing trend for going out and resumption of the events such as graduation ceremonies, welcome parties and etc.
- Due to the high atmospheric pressure, the temperature remained high compared to the normal years.
In Tokyo, it was 1.9℃ higher than previous year and 4.3℃ higher than normal years.
＜Store openings in April＞
(1)Don Quijote：①Apr. 23「Don Quijote Tokamachi Store (Nigata Pref.)」
②Apr. 28「MEGA Don Quijote Tomigusuku Store (Okinawa Pref.)」
③Apr. 28「Don Quijote Shimokitazawa Store (Tokyo Pref.)」
(2)Conversion Store：①Apr. 20「PIAGO Konan Store (Aichi Pref.)」
Monthly Sales Report (Details)
5 Domestic Retail Companies in Total / Don Quijote / UNY
Don Quijote Co., Ltd. (~FY2019)
UNY Co., Ltd. (~FY2019)
*UNY changed its book closing month from February to June. FY2020 will be 16 months, run from March 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.