Monthly Sales Report
|FY June 2021
|Domestic Retail*||Don Quijote Co., Ltd.
||UNY Co., Ltd.|
- *Total of Don Quijote Co., Ltd., UNY Co., Ltd., Nagasakiya Co., Ltd., UD Retail Co., Ltd. and Daishin Corporation.
- This month, although the evaporation of tax-free sales continued for Don Quijote Co., Ltd. (7.7pt push-down), UNY Co., Ltd., UD Retail Co., Ltd., and Daishin Corporation outperformed year-on-year.
*Note: The figure in the blank above is the one of Don Quijote Co., Ltd. same stores.
- At Don Quijote Co., Ltd., Same Store Sales (SSS) excluding tax-free sales was 96.7%, while suburban stores remained positive at 100.9%. With the continuous spread of Covid-19, the number of customers decreased in the early of the month especially in urban areas, and the demand for Christmas-related products, party goods, and variety products slowed down. On the other hand, as of the end of the month, the demand for Year-end and New year was brisked. Also, seasonal home appliances such as humidifiers and heater drove sales due to the severe cold weather.
- At UNY Co., Ltd., SSS stood at 104.2%. Sales of analog games and card games were strong due to the overlap of demand for Christmas, New Year's holidays, and stay-at-home. In food segment, snacks and alcoholic beverages, as well as Western confectionery, osechi, and rice cakes were strong as well.
- From early to middle of December, it cooled nationwide due to the strong cold wave. During the middle of the month, the average temperature was 0.2℃ lower than normal and 0.9℃ lower than the previous year. In the end of the month , due to the loosening of the winter pressure pattern, it was 1.0℃ higher than normal and 1.5℃ higher than the previous year. There were 3 days that rained more than 1㎜ in Tokyo.
＜Store opening in January＞
There are no new store opening in January.
Monthly Sales Report (Details)
5 Domestic Retail Companies in Total / Don Quijote / UNY
Don Quijote Co., Ltd. (~FY2019)
UNY Co., Ltd. (~FY2019)
*UNY changed its book closing month from February to June. FY2020 will be 16 months, run from March 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.