Monthly Sales Report
|FY June 2021
|Domestic Retail*||Don Quijote Co., Ltd.
||UNY Co., Ltd.|
- *Total of Don Quijote Co., Ltd., UNY Co., Ltd., Nagasakiya Co., Ltd., UD Retail Co., Ltd. and Daishin Corporation.
- For 5 domestic retail companies, the sales stood at 95.6% YoY. The impact of special demands for sanitary products in the previous year has remained until this month. Sales have improved in urban areas such as Kanto and Kinki. Also, non-tax-free sales achieved 102.0% compared to two years ago, surpassing 100% following the previous month. Non-tax-free sales have improved to pre-COVID-19 levels.
- For Don Quijote Co., Ltd., non-tax-free sales were 98.1% compared to two years ago. Sales remained to be strong mainly for daily necessities such as foods, cosmetics, detergent, etc. In addition, a series of special demands such as stay-at-home and telework, which increased due to the declaration of the first emergency in the previous year and became the hurdle for this year, have been diluted toward the end of the month. The stores near the station have improved to the same level as the previous year.
- UNY Co., Ltd. achieved 106.2% compared to two years ago with the high sales base, even though the impact of special demand for sanitary products and stay-at-home in the previous year was the biggest this month. This sales momentum was supported by not only fresh and processed foods but also non-food segment such as paper products, kitchen products, home appliances, and outdoor goods.
＜Store openings in July＞
(1) Don Quijote：①July 2nd「Kitasenjyu Nishiguchi Store（Tokyo）」 ②July 9th「Jounetsu Shokunin Kawagoe Store（Saitama Pref.）」 ③July 30th「MEGA Nanao Store（Ishikawa Pref.）」
- ※ The Monthly Sales Report will be changed as below from the fiscal year ending June 2022.
①"5 domestic retail companies" will be disclosed as "4 domestic retail companies", since Daishin Corporation was merged with Don Quijote Co., Ltd. as of July 1, 2021.
②Based on the shift to a system to operate the "discount store business" with Don Quijote Co., Ltd. as an intermediate business holding company in December 2020, the supplementary information by companies (Don Quijote Co., Ltd. and UNY Co., Ltd.), will be disclosed by business segments (discount store and GMS business). The discount store business includes Don Quijote, Nagasakiya and UD Retail, and the GMS business includes UNY. Disclosure of information by companies will continue during fiscal year ending June 2022.
Monthly Sales Report (Details)
5 Domestic Retail Companies in Total / Don Quijote / UNY
Don Quijote Co., Ltd. (~FY2019)
UNY Co., Ltd. (~FY2019)
*UNY changed its book closing month from February to June. FY2020 will be 16 months, run from March 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.