The PPIH Group Social Responsibility Policy
SocialProsperity for customers' everyday and local economy
Inclusion and diversity
Based on our corporate philosophy of "valuing the customer as our utmost priority," we make it our mission to design stores which provide our customers with the joy of shopping, convenience, and surprisingly low prices, and through our business activities, we contribute to the societal development and the realization of a sustainable society.
We identify needs through dialog with stakeholders, and aim to respond quickly to resolve problems. Furthermore, we respect the basic human rights of all stakeholders, and aim to prosper hand in hand with society as a highly ethical, common sense corporation.
- 1Respect for Human Rights
- We comply with relevant laws and regulations, and respect the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Covenants on Human Rights, the ILO Core Labor Standards, and international codes of conduct such as the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. We identify human rights risks associated with our business activities and make efforts to avoid them.
- We do not engage in any discrimination on the basis of race, nationality, ethnicity, sex, age, place of origin, religion, education, physical characteristics, disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity, etc.
- We do not engage in any violations of human rights, such as child labor, forced labor, harassment, discrimination, or violence, etc.
- We respect the rights of vulnerable people, including women, children, seniors, people with disabilities, and indigenous people.
- 2Promotion of diversity
- We will respect the diverse values, individuality, and privacy of all people involved in our corporate activities, and strive to create a workplace with a high degree of psychological safety.
- 3Improvement of the Workplace Environment
- To enable each of our employees to engage in their work with high motivation and a sense of fulfillment for their self-actualization, we aim to provide a safe working environment, guarantee minimum wage, and encourage good labor practices, such as managing working time appropriately. By law, we respect the rights of workers, including freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining.
- 4Contributions to Local Communities
- With the aim of coexistence and mutual prosperity with local communities, we develop ties with communities by social responsibility initiatives through our business activities, and build good relationships through dialog with community residents.